Teacher - Moi Tan
Teaching Assistant - Paula Manley
We will be continuing to learn about plants.
We will continue to:
- observe and describe how seeds and bulbs grow into mature plants
- find out and describe how plants need water, light and a suitable temperature to grow and stay healthy.
We will be developing our scientific skills by:
- gathering and recording data to help us answer questions
- observing closely, using simple equipment.COMPUTING
We will be covering: Coding and Programming and Using Technology Safely. We will be looking at algorithms, de-bugging and social networking to name but 3 examples.
We will be learning how to:
- Problem solve in an organised way and give explanations for our methods and decisions in spoken or written form.
- Use mathematical language correctly and confidently
- Partition 2- digit numbers in different ways
- Add and subtract a one-digit number, tens and two-digit number to / from a two-digit number.
- Recall and derive multiplication and division facts for tens, fives and two times tables
- Recall 3x table
- Solve one step word problems
In English, we will be looking at Mini Grey’s Princess and the Pea. This much- loved classic fairy tale is cleverly written from the pea’s point of view!
We will get to act out the story as well as write a range of genres including diaries, stories and character descriptions to name but three examples.
We will continue to focus on reading comprehension, covering a range of fiction, non-fiction – including information and biographical text.
We will continue with indoor and outdoor P.E in the summer term. We will focus on gymnastics, athletics and games.
In Geography we will be learning about My World and Me. We will explore destinations using digital research.
We will be looking at ‘How does special food and fasting help people in their faith?’
We will be exploring sounds and songs from other countries. We will also be exploring instruments and symbols. The Southwark Music Service will be involved with teaching us rhythm, tempo, timbre & pitch.
ART & DT
Our topic in art is Super Sculptures. We will be exploring making sculptures with a simple human form, as well as sculptures that move in the wind, and sculptures where light, shape and colour create an interesting effect.
We will be learning to order seaside holidays in chronological order.
We will also be finding out similarities and differences between seaside holidays now and in the past.
We will be looking at different emotions. We will explore what it means to feel lonely or to be scared.
Our Spanish topic will focus on listening to and understanding well known stories in Spanish.