Teacher - Moi Tan
Teaching Assistant - Paula Manley
Teaching Assistant - Michan Clancy
We will also be looking at different stories by the same Author such as Not Now Bernard and The Conquerors by David McKee.
We will look at different characters in a story, describing their appearance and personality.
Children will also get to plan and write their own stories based on a familiar text.
Report writing Children will be looking at Woodland and learning to plan and write a report about different woodland animals. They will learn how to organise ideas under subheadings.
Use of Everyday Materials
We will continue to learn about:
- Everyday materials, including wood, metal, plastic, glass, brick, paper and cardboard
- How the shapes of solid objects made from some materials can be changed by squashing, bending, twisting and stretching.
We will also learn to:
- Observe and describe how seeds and bulbs grow into mature plants
- Find out and describe how plants need water, light and a suitable temperature to grow and stay healthy.
We will be learning how to:
- problem solve in an organised way and give explanations for our methods and decisions in spoken or written form.
- use mathematical language correctly and confidently
- read and write two-digit and three- digit numbers in figures and words.
- explain the value of each digit in a two-digit number.
- know tens, fives and two times tables
- recall multiplication and division facts for 2, 5 and 12 times tables
- say the number that is 10 more/less than any number within 100
- derive and use pairs of multiples of ten that total 100; give addition and subtraction facts (e.g. 40 +60= 100; 100 – 40 =60)
We will continue to cover work on e-safety, writing algorithms as well as introducing the idea of debugging – that is to take out the mistake.
We will be developing our hockey and games skills over the term.
Our topic is Let’s go on Safari.
We will be looking at geographical similarities and differences through studying the human and physical geography between two countries.
The children will learn the difference between pitch and pulse. They will also learn to use pitch to control their voices and respond to changes in pitch.
We will be learning about the work of Florence Nightingale. We also be thinking about Mary Seacole.
Art and DT
We will be studying the work of Guiseppe Arcimboldo, a well-known Italian painter.
In DT we will be sewing.
We will be discussing our feelings and thinking about how to solve problems.
We will be finding out what special stories are told at Easter about God and why different books are special for different people.
We will be learning new vocabulary about food over the Spring term.