My name Is Eesher., I am the Speech and Language Therapist at Townsend Primary School. My role is to support children’s communication.
This involves supporting the development of:
- Attention: the ability to focus on a specific task for a length of time.
- Listening: being able to make sense of verbal information.
- Speech: the ability to produce the correct speech sounds when talking.
- Understanding of language: being able to understand words and language.
- Use of language: using the correct sentence structure, grammar, Makaton (sign language), using symbols and pictures to communicate.
- Social communication: social skills such as knowing when to speak or listen in a conversation, reading social cues such as voice tone and interpreting facial expressions.
If you feel your child has a difficulty in any of these areas and you would like your child to have a Speech and Language assessment please contact the school office.
If your child is being seen by myself and you have any further questions or concerns, or if you would like information on how to support your child’s communication at home, please contact the school office so a time can be arranged to meet with me.