Lauren Haynes – Nursery Class Teacher
Nikki Thomas – Nursery Nurse
Welcome to Nursery! We hope that you and your child will enjoy this exciting new year. This letter is to outline some of the learning planned for the first half of the Autumn term in Nursery and to give some suggestions of how you can help at home.
In Literacy the children are going to be listening to different stories and completing a range of activities based on these stories. They will also be learning nursery rhymes and developing their mark making skills. They will be learning how to talk about their ideas and themselves.
How you can help:
- Talk to your child about their day, interests and ideas
- Give your child opportunities to draw and write at home
- Show your child their name and talk to them about what it looks like
- Most importantly, please read with your child every day
We will be reading a range of books based on the children’s interests. If your child has any special interests, please let a member of staff.
In Maths children are going to be learning about numbers and counting. They will play number games and practicing counting with adults.
How you can help:
- Talk to your child about different numbers in the environment, like buses or car number plates.
- Count with your child and help them to touch an object as they say a number
- Sing number songs with your child
- Talk to your child about the shape of different items at home and in the environment
- Play online games:
We will also be learning about different celebrations such as Eid, Diwali, Hanukkah and Christmas. If there are any special celebrations in your child’s life or they have any special interests, please let us know.
Can you please remember the following:
* Always be on time for school and to collect your child – if you are going to be late call the school!
* Bring a change of clothes in case of accidents
* Ring the school if your child is absent
* Remember to speak with the staff if you have any questions or queries.
Thank you for your support
Lauren Haynes – Nursery class teacher & Nikki- Nursery Nurse