Lauren Haynes – Nursery Class Teacher
Nikki Thomas – Nursery Nurse
Welcome to Nursery! We hope that you and your child will enjoy this exciting new year. This letter is to outline some of the learning planned for the first half of the Autumn term in Nursery and to give some suggestions of how you can help at home.
In Literacy the children are going to be listening to different stories and completing a range of activities based on these stories. They will also be singing songs, learning nursery rhymes and developing their mark making skills. They will be learning how to talk about their ideas and themselves.
How you can help:
- Talk to your child about their day, interests and ideas
- Give your child opportunities to draw and write at home.
- Show your child their name and talk to them about what it looks like.
- Most importantly, please read with your child every day.
In Maths children are going to be learning about numbers and counting. They will play number games, sing songs and practice counting with adults.
How you can help:
- Talk to your child about different numbers in the environment, like buses or car number plates.
- Count with your child and help them to touch an object as they say a number.
- Sing number songs with your child.
- Talk to your child about the shape of different items at home and in the environment.
- Play online games:
This term we will be learning about different topics and books. We are starting with ‘Owl Babies’. After this, we will choose books based on what the children are interested in. If your child is particularly interested in something, please let us know.
We will also be learning about different celebrations such as Eid, Diwali, Hanukkah and Christmas. If there are any special celebrations in your child’s life, please let us know.
There will be four Crescent Literacy sessions this term. This is a chance for you to come into class and support with your child’s learning with different fun activities. More information will be sent out to you at a later date.
Each Friday, parents will be invited in to class to look at their child’s learning journey and join in with their child’s learning and play. We will send out allocated slots at a later date.