Teacher/Literacy Coordinator - Joshua Chivers
Teaching Assistant - Violet Reid
Teaching Assistant - Victoria Butler ((Weds – Fri)
We will be focusing on the following over the term:
- Use knowledge of place value to solve number problems (including negative numbers);
- Consolidate reading and writing Roman numerals to 1000;
- Consolidate the formal written method used for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (short and long);
- Consolidate understanding of fraction, decimal and percentage equivalents;
- Interpret and construct line graphs and pie charts;
- Measure angles using a protractor and use knowledge of angle measurements to find the value of missing angles;
- Read, understand and calculate multi-step problems involving all four number operations;
- Explore SATs style questions – with a focus on developing reasoning skills
We will be focusing our learning around The Wedding Ghost.
We will be writing:
- Stories (including stories with alternative endings)
- Character descriptions
- Diary entries
- Newspaper reports.
We will be learning to:
- Punctuate speech and use apostrophes accurately
- Develop increasing accuracy in using punctuation effectively to mark out the meaning in complex sentences;
- Use commas and hyphens to clarify meaning or avoid ambiguity in writing
- Use semi-colons and colons
- Explore different tenses and how they can be used to change the meaning of a sentence.
Our class text will be Grimm Tales, by Philip Pullman. Or non-fiction text will be Extreme Exploring. We will be developing various skills in preparation for SATs.
- Light –
We will be:
- Measuring angles of light refraction
- using a range of scientific equipment, with increasing accuracy and precision to measure light intensity
- taking repeat readings and plot statistics using this data.
- reporting and presenting findings from enquiries, including conclusions, casual relationships and explanations of degree of trust in results, in oral and written forms such as displays and other presentations.
- We will be completing some cross curricular English when writing letters and using the passive voice when completing scientific writing. We will be completing cross-curricular maths by analysing data and creating various graphs.
We will be learning how to play tag rugby.
We will be looking at skills needed for team work
The pupils will discuss the subject: conflict resolution and share positive strategies for dealing with anxieties
We will continue to develop our Spanish vocabulary. We will focus on learning vocabulary related to a café and tenses.
We will be listening to and singing songs, refining and improving our skills in playing the ukulele and learning Spanish words and songs.