Teacher - Kirstin Lawrence
Teaching Assistant - Angie Fitzpatrick (Tues – Fri)
Michan Clancy (Mon – Weds)
Non- Fiction Writing
We will be exploring toys from the past and present and comparing these.
We will be able to:
Write factual sentences
Write information reports
Recount of familiar stories –
Retelling stories through drama
Writing in role (character)
Describing words (adjectives)
Time connectives (next, after, later, first etc.)
Beginning to use a wider range of punctuation (! , ?)
Comparing features of Fiction and Non-Fiction books –
We will look at a range of texts and their purpose.
We will continue to use our phonetic knowledge to access these books and answer basic information retrieval questions.
- Number – up to 100 and beyond (write the numeral and the word)
- Place value – ordering numbers (10’s and ones)
- Addition – adding groups together up to 100
- Subtraction – taking different amounts away from 100
- 3D Shapes – names and properties of solid shapes (how many corners/ how many sides)
- Position and Direction – moving using directional language
(forwards, backwards, left and right)
- Time – telling the time to the hour/half hour
- Time- days of the week, months of the year and daily routines
Robot sensors and control
In Science we will be looking at different materials, like wood, plastic, rubber, paper etc. We will then undertake a variety of activities that includes;
- Sorting and classifying
- beginning to set up simple fair tests
- Organising scientific information.
- developing our confidence of scientific vocabulary
- Hockey/ Team games
- REAL PE (Unit 4)
Creative skills, balance and working with a partner
How do you belong to Christianity?
How do you belong to Sikhism?
Fruit and vegetables
We will be developing composing Skills
Pattern and melody
Around the World
We will be involved in activities like; Map reading skills; Researching; Comparing countries, finding similarities and differences.
Toys Past and Present
Ordering toys chronologically
Comparing past and present
Sorting and recording information
Presenting historical information.
Dealing with feelings and emotions
How to deal with confrontation
Following PATHS Programme
Working with paper